Sunday, May 30, 2010

Do stuff--now.

All productivity books can be summarized in 11 words: One thing at a time. Most important thing first. Start now.
That's Penelope Trunk.

I have met my enemy, and his name is Timmy

Well, not really. It's short for "Timidity". He just finds his given name a bit too fancy to use. He fears embarrassment, or, worse, getting pounded into the wood chips for his lunch money. Timmy fears a wide range of things, real and imagined, and knowing him, he wouldn't put up a fight against any of them. I can say this because, despite his being the greatest living impediment to my progress, I'm actually on fairly intimate terms with him. Timmy, you see, lives inside my brain.

You might assume there's an easy fix: get Timmy to step outside for a moment, say, then lock the door behind him. The problem is that Timmy is a total and utter homebody. He never leaves.
That's Colin Marshall.
"I don't think of my life as a career," he says. "I do stuff. I respond to stuff. That's not a career — it's a life!"

4 comments:

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.

To make you a beautiful bride said...

When you are looking for your wedding dress, you can take a look at our wedding gowns online shop where you can get beautiful cheap wedding dresses.

Anonymous said...

I ran into this page mistakenly, surprisingly, this is a great website.The site owner has carried out a superb job of putting it together, the info here is really insightful. Now i am going to bookmark this internet site so that I can revisit in the future Jobs.
gum grafting