Saturday, February 16, 2008

A firepower plateau?

If you do computational intensive work, then you'll want all the firepower you can get. Most people are not like that, though. I think we've reached the point where the computational firepower for laptops is simply Good Enough in the Innovator's Dilemma sense of the term. Meaning that the puck is going to go somewhere else. That we'll start caring about other things now.
So says David at Signal v. Noise. I think this is largely true. There will always be new software and media that demands more from your computer, but the 2 gigs of RAM on my MacBook satisfies all my basic computing needs--and I don't really have any other kind--whereas, my previous computer was slow even when I bought it seven years ago. So where's "the puck" going now? Perhaps toward ever greater emphasis on style, durability, or price.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want not acquiesce in on it. I over warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,菲梵酒店經紀,酒店經紀,禮服酒店上班,酒店小姐,便服酒店經紀,酒店打工,酒店寒假打工,酒店經紀,酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工經紀,制服酒店經紀,專業酒店經紀,合法酒店經紀,酒店暑假打工,酒店兼職,便服酒店工作,酒店打工,酒店經紀,制服酒店經紀,酒店經紀