Thursday, August 16, 2007

YouTube commenters

Nike recently created a one minute ad in which Roger Federer's accomplishments and life story are narrated by Tiger Woods. It's a fine ad, but what I found interesting on YouTube was an exchange in the comments between several people who inquire about the commercial's song and a response from... a Nike ad rep. At least, "NikeAdvertising" appears to be a Nike ad rep, writing, "The music has been composed especially for the ad, it's not available in any other format I'm afraid. Glad you like it though!"
At the same time, the profile lists NikeAdvertising as a 27 year-old male from the UK, so it's hard to say for sure what this person represents.
I called Nike headquarters in New York to ask for a verification or comment, but, unsurprisingly, they haven't gotten back to me. I'll let you know if they do.